Thursday 7 March 2013

Now For Something A Bit Different


A bit of a different style from me today but I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed playing, masking,inking,stamping and then of course a bit of the almost obligatory bunting.



I ordered my Lavinia stamps at the weekend, after seeing their new challenge blog I decided to challenge myself and try something different. Way back when I started my blog,I began following the lovely 
her work inspired me to buy my own Speedball brayer, I've never really mastered it but I love the look but used ink pads and sponges for my card. I thought I'd make this card also as a tribute to B, as she has now reached  four years of blogging and can you believe it, almost 4000 followers. B loves fairies so I thought that this would be rather fitting.


 I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Stamping Fantasies, Brenda's style,
Lavinia Stamps, Anything goes,
SYCB2, Mothers day,
FBW230, Open,
Stamp n Doodle, Mothers day,
CCC5, Mothers day,
CMC15, Butterflies/Fairies,
CCCB5, Mum,
MIM130, Anything goes.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

20 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, I love the Lavinia faerie.

Chris said...

It's beautiful, Julie! Something so different from your usual style and I love the way you've added your trademark bunting so seamlessly! Fabulous!!
Chris
x

Ani said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck and hope to see you play again soon! Hugs, Ani

Eileen said...

Absolutly blooming goregous! .. Thanks for entering the Lavinia stamps challenge ..
E xxxxx

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Julie, I love the silhouette image and fabulous background...beautiful.

Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesdays..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Squirrel x said...

Oh wow hun, stunning!! Hugs Sxx

DesignerDiva said...

This is all inky and delicious Julie, fab results with your brayer, it's good to try something different now and again
Hugs Laurie xx

Pauline Butcher said...

Stunning card, fab colours, just perfect Julie. Thank you for entering it into our Lavinia Stamps Challenge, and good luck. Hugs Pauline, Lavinia DT xxx

brenda said...

I certainly do love my fairies Julie, as well as Lavinia stamps, inks and in fact everything you have used to create your gorgeous card.

You have fused the soft colours so beautifully and the fairy is poised just right in from of the moon.

Thanks you so much for your kind words and for obviously putting so much thought into your card specially to join in my blog celebration.

B x

coops said...

really beautiful julie.gorgeous stamps and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx

Karen said...

Love your card Julie, so pleased that you have entered the Lavinia Challenge. Kx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow ..its amazing and yes .. it does remind me of the lovely Brenda.. who i have been lucky enough to craft with on several occasions
Lisa x

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully Done! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp-N-Doodle!
Hugz,
Chana

Veronica said...

Very beautiful Card
Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Creations Challenge Blog
Veronica DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card, such gentle colours, many thanks for entering it in the Lavinia Stamps Challenge Blog. Good luck from all of us in the DT.

Cassie_lu said...

this is beautiful and I really like how you created the border for the fairy. like she really is in a magical garden. thanks for fluttering with us.

Birgit said...

You really got the magical moonlit night. I love the masking and sponging-Just beautiful

GinaA said...

What a dreamy card, just love the way you have used the tag and banner.

Unknown said...

wow how pretty and really dreamy i love this type of crafting i love fairies and butterflies the colours are very subtle

love Jac xxx

lavinia stamps said...

love the moon, beautiful colours