Sunday 26 August 2012

Such A Star

 
 
What else was I supposed to do to congratulate our son on his amazing GCSE results!  I was going to add "U R" or "What" but my husband said that nothing else was needed.
 

 
I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
CIP, Back to school,
MSCC92, School,
 
Before I go I need to share what a terrible mother I am. Before I made this card, our youngest daughter asked me if I was going to make a congratulations card, when I said I probably would she came out with, that's good, you forgot to make one for me when I passed my 11+ the other year! How terrible did I feel! I just can't believe that it slipped my mind.
Not wanting to to be accused of favouritism I got cracking and made this card using my Marij Rahder stamp paperpiecing the snail's shell.
 
 
 
 
It made my daughter giggle!
Hybrid Chick 24, Paper piecing.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


10 comments:

Chris said...

Your card is 'A' star! What a brilliant idea! (Love the snail card too- very diplomatic!)
Chris
x

Unknown said...

Your card here look amazing. I just love that cute little snail image.

Hugs~

Nancy in Iowa said...

Such a sweet mum you are. Love both cards. They both have not-so-subtle non-verbal qualities. Terrific!! Both of them. Very cleaver - you with the snail!

Tina said...

so so cute, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Whimsey said...

Ahhhh...that awful mommy moment! LOL Well, you fixed it up nicely!

LOVE the A; congrats to your son - he rocked it!!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Julie!!

~Michele

Rene said...

Oh my gosh this is amazing! So cute...who knew a snail could be so adorable? Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
Rene :D

Marilyn said...

That 'A' card is super good and the papers are perfect. Who knew the letter 'A' would make such a great card?
Now your daughter's card... I burst out laughing when I saw that image, it is such a hoot and I love it. That's just the funniest snail I've ever seen and it's a great card!

Raquel said...

Love the giant "A"... this is perfect! Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

Beate said...

The Star-A-Card is a wonderful idea! Love it!
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge #20.
Beate

BarbaraW said...

Two great cards. Congrats Mom. You must be proud. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.