Wednesday 30 May 2012

Crafter's Favourite


It's Wednesday and time for a new theme at Scrapbook Sisters, This week it's everyone's favourite,
I thought I'd stray from my usual card making for my DT project.
I've been meaning to have a go at making a circular box for ages, I've never checked out any tutorials so I'm not sure if there's an easier method to do this but I have to say that it was a pretty simple technique that I used so in true crafter fashion I'll share my easy tips. Not the how to make the roses as I'm certain that there are lots of  tutorials out there by talented crafters, not just have a go at it crafters like me.   




I cut two circles of card using my Nestabilities, cut two strips of design paper, slightly wider than the depth I was after. I then used  a scalloped border punch along one edge of each strip and used my Fiskars cutter with the scorer attachment to score as close to the scalloped edge as possible. I then folded over the scallops and run a thin thread of glue along each semi circle, I then bent the strip around the circle of card, sticking the scallops underneath (hope this makes sense) if it doesn't I'll have a go at a tutorial to explain it better. I then glued a scalloped circle of the DP. to hide the scallops . When I made the lid to the box I used the same technique but held the lid on the top of the base as I glued each scallop in place to allow it to be a good tight fit. I then just added a scalloped circle and DP circle to the top before gluing the roses into place.





I'm using my project for the following challenges:-
Celebrate The Occasion 64, Anything goes,
Die Cutting Divas 67, Anything goes,
EAC 195, Anything but a card,
JDE6, Anything goes, useTH products (Distress inks),
Paper Cupcakes, 3 in a row,LH vertical line,
Secret Crafter 197, Anything but a card.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

16 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh this is gorgeous hun, and so clever! I will own up though, when I saw the photo in my Reading List I thought it was a yummy cake! But it's not, it's a really yummy box instead - and it is totally brilliant! Hugs Sxx

Curly said...

Thank you so much for joining us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Anything but a card Challenge with absolutely amazing creation its just perfect,
I hope you will try to join us again next week,
Have a lovely week,
Hugs Bridget SCSC DT

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning. Thanks for playing along at Jackson's Digital Expressions this week!

Lisa xox

Sheila H said...

Your project is stunningly beautiful. You outlined a lot of detailed steps for creating it. I bet you're good at altered also :). Thanks for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

amanda stokes said...

Hi Julie,
This is stunning! :) x

coops said...

oh wow this is so beautiful julie.stunning design and colours and i love the pretty flowers :D

xx coops xx

Chana Malkah said...

Julie, this is just gorgeous! So creative and so well executed! Kudos to you for a job very nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing this precious project with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!
Big Hugz,
Chana

Crafting Vicky said...

OOOOH my this is absolutely stunning! Just love your creation!

Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

Confiseries Papier said...

STUNNING!,Thanks so much for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Beautiful box, I love the pretty DP's and the gorgeous flowers! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

Joyce Ann said...

Julie, the box is so very pretty; awesome job! Thank you for sharing your project with us at JDE.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This is so sweet, beautiful project. Thanks for joining in on the fun at JDE, DT leader

Nancy in Iowa said...

I don't even know what to say! What a glorious piece of art.

My Creative Therapy said...

Wow that is so cool! Love it! Oh so many ideas to try and so little time! Ugh a crafters dilema! LOL Thanks for joining us this week at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

Kathi
DT Member

Amy said...

Gorgeous creation!! Love those flowers! Thanks for joining CTO this week! :)Amy

Esther said...

Beautiful box!
Thanks for joining CTO this week!