Friday 23 December 2011

Want Some News?

I'm getting a bit forgetful in my old age lol! I double booked myself and ended up missing most of my fortnightly scrapbook class on Wednesday,turning up as most people were beginning to pack away their completed layouts. I spent a good fifteen minutes searching for the cards to give that I'd "put somewhere safe" so didn't have time to look at the class projects. Luckily for me the papers spoke to me and told me to make my Mum's Christmas card.  My mum isn't so keen on cards with cutesy images so I just used the Cricut and a Calligraphy cartridge and Plantins Schoolbook to cut out the words and a punch to cut out my holly. The layouts used these pearly dots as berries with the holly so I decided to do the same for my card,colouring them red.


Once home I put the card together embossing a panel and adding gold. My next post will show you a close up of the holly as I did my in-laws card using it also. The inside of the card is stamped around the edges with holly and stickles added for berries.



I'm using my card for the following challenges:-
C4E R51,Embossing,
CFAC16,Christmas,
Creative Belli 133,Word Christmas,
FBC76, Christmas,
LDC13,Christmas,
Pixie Cottage 101,Someone special.
Oh my goodness,nearly forgot to share some news, "Scrapbook Sisters" have just put out a DT call,call by their blog for full details!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh lol.. just the kind of thing i would do !
But your card is wonderful.. i love those shiny holly berries
Lisa x

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

What a fun Christmas Card!! I like it!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

Jan said...

This is great, thanks for joining us at CFAS.
I hope you have a Wonderful Christmas & a Very Happy & Healthy New Year
xx Jan

coops said...

stunning card julie.really classy design.
wishing you and yours a fantastic christmas ;D

xx coops xx

Carly said...

Very nice. I bet your Mum loved it!

Thankyou so much for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons.

xoxoxox Carly

Unknown said...

wow this card is very elegant. I love the holly that you used for embellishment.
Thank you for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Francy

Nancy in Iowa said...

Buuwwaaahhhaaahahahahah!
Love your story of Christmas chaos! Why is it that it makes me happy to know I'm not the only one with scattered brain syndrome?!
Your card is beautiful.

Mary Lou said...

Wow Julie~~I am sure Mum will love this!!!! Very pretty with the embossing and Holly leaves and berries--just the PERFECT touch!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!!
Hugz and blessings

pinky said...

Its just lovely Julie, love the Holly leaves. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Sheryl said...

Well, This card says it ALL! It's simply lovely!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our month long, "Christmas" prize challenge!
Wishing you a very healthy and Happy New Year!
Warm Hugs, Sheryl