Thursday 17 November 2011

A Gift Of Money.

I was asked at work to make another money wallet to put a birthday money collection in, it's to give to one of my friends and I wanted to make it a bit different from my usual designs. Anyway,you know what us crafters are like,an idea springs to mind in the middle of the night and you cant wait to get to work.


This clutch bag style wallet actually started it's life as a large tag cut on the Cricut using Plantins Schoolbook, a 12x12 sheet of double sided paper gives a perfect result to slot the notes into.


 I folded the tag twice to make the wallet and used some thin strips of 3d foam to stick the edges,giving a little extra depth to slide the notes in easily.The self adhesive magnets are the type you can buy on line to make fridge magnets with. I tried to just use a large brad but it didn't give enough surface to grab the magnet sufficiently but luckily the large flower type brad thingy (not sure what it's called but it's got about 6 legs instead of the 2 on a traditional brad)  I put this through a circle of card which I stuck over the hole which would have been the top of the tag then placed a diecut flower on the front. I hope this makes sense,if enough people are interested maybe I'll make a tutorial to explain it better.


I'm using this for the following challenges:-
FBC73,Anything goes,
Whimsie Doodles,Tag you're it,
Crafts and Me 61,Simples,
Creative Craft,Minimalistic,
EAC168, Little gift,
Papertake Weekly,When is a card not a card,
Hooked On Craft 12,Punches or Diecuts,
Karens Doodles 89, Anything but a card,
Make It Monday 63,Anything goes.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

16 comments:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Julie, I was trying to figure out where your tag was on this and then read your post. What a great way to use a large tag!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Whimsie Doodles!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is gorgeous - the papers are beautiful
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Mary x

coops said...

this is stunning julie.really beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Lucy said...

Wow Julie, this is beautiful! I would be happy getting this WITHOUT money/voucher in for Christmas!! :D

Lucy xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Julie.
What pretty dsp and a super wallet made .Lovely papercraft project .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Unknown said...

I just love this.. What a creative idea.. Hope you have a great weekend my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Carly said...

stunning! I really love this! It is truly beautiful and elegant.

Thankyou so much for sharing it with us at Creative Craft Challenges.
xoxoxoxxoxo Carly

Min said...

What a super neat idea!! =) Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the November “Tag You’re It" Challenge at Whimsie Doodles
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wow what for great card !! love it !Thank you for joining EAC this week.
hugs tina46

dragonllew said...

Great money wallet thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x

Andrea said...

Sorry my comment is late but I wanted to say thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly challenge last week - great project!
Andrea x

Sheryl said...

Hi Julie! This is a great money wallet! The dp is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, "I am Thankful" challenge!
Warm hugs, Sheryl

Mandy said...

Gorgeous,great idea and fabulous papers...Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft...
Mandy x

Laura said...

What a clever use of a tag! And I love the beautiful paper you used for your wallet! Thanks so much for joining the Whimsie Doodles Challenge this month! Hope you'll play again!!

whoistracy said...

Such a great idea to turn a tag into a wallet!