Wednesday 18 May 2011

Southern Girls Challenge 19

Back again with my second post of the day,please scroll down for my previous post. This is my Southern Girls DT card where the challenge this week is Lace and Pearls.I love this Paper Shelter image,she's a dream to colour,I teamed her up with some magazine freebie papers and some left overs from my drawer, I then lightly distressed the edges of each cut using a deep lilac chalk eye. Now I didn't get organised before making my card and found myself searching through my sewing box finding some lace I bought to make tie backs years ago and some pearl beads I'd removed from a dress I bought that turned out to be a BIG mistake,(big being the operative word,it made me look like a beached whale!) anyway,I wore it once,and in a mood,after seeing myself in the mirror,removed the beads and threw it in the bin. (I'm not usually wasteful lol!)
 Anyway, as usual the great sponsors for this fortnight's challenge are Paper Shelter and Stitchy Bear. Remember to check out what the rest of the Southern Girls have created!
I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
KBcute 13,Anything digi,
Lexis 40,Spots or stripes,
StampsRus,Go Digital,
I Did It Creation 55,Lace and ribbon.
The Paper Shelter14,Distress to impress,
Divas By Design 2,For the girls,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


19 comments:

Dorcas said...

THis is really cute, Julie!

Louise F NZ said...

Sweet card Julie, love the colours and your colouring really is fab.lol.
Hmmmm, lucky I have accepted my whale like physique or I would have no clothes. ;)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card.. Love all the polka-dots paper and the lace looks wonderful..

Hugs, Linda

Cards By MI said...

This is really lovely. Love your colouring. I love this image too. Smashing card! Thanks for playing with us over at TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Shannon White said...

Oh my gosh! What a Super Sweet card! Love your darling image and lovely coloring too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.your colours and papers are really pretty and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Laney said...

What a great card!! Love your stamp!!!
thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design, hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for playing along with us at TPS this week, good luck.
Kevin xx

furrypig said...

that is a cute image and I think using the recycled pearls is fab thanks for joining us at IDIC this week

Unknown said...

What a lovely card...like the embossed corners...
Thank You for joining in at Lexi's Creations Challenge....
Hugs Kobie _ Lexi's DT

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card Julie! She is so sweet!
Alicia xx

Caroline said...

love this image - gorgeous card
Thanks for joining us this week @ TPS x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous love the colours that you have chosen, a Fabulous creation biggest of hugs Pops x

Vicky said...

Oh just so pretty Julie...and love your dp's too hun...!

thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. Love your coloring and attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations this week. I hope to see you back next week for our next challenge.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at
TPS.....

Hugs
Judith

Mary J said...

What a great card, Julie! I adore the colouring! I love TPS images too!

Sue U said...

This is one of my favourite images at the moment, she is such a cutie :-) Love the colours of your card, perfect!! Sue xx

Nancy in Iowa said...

Great card - love all the details. She is so plucky! I like her attitude!