Saturday 28 May 2011

Just 4U

Good evening all, let's see what sort of a mess I manage to make of tonight's post. I seem to end up with a different result every time and  I must admit to getting more than a little downhearted with it all. Before I get on to my card tonight,I'd like to say how disappointed I am to not be able to post comments at the moment I visit lots of blogs and like to leave some love,there really are some amazingly talented crafters about. I don't know about you but I'm getting fed up with Blogger's antics,the amount of times I sign in,trying to post comments and only succeeding occasionally,it's a right pain.
Anyway,enough of the moaning and on to tonight's card. I found a 5" square of scrummie floral paper that I've been looking at for ages and up until now, just couldn't bring myself to use, the only product info left said "FlipFlops".I thought that this looked just the thing to use with one of  Gayle Bond's new car digi images.

I  used the paper as it was for the centre of the card,matted it onto purple and then onto the pink front panel of my card i was able to cut 4 part flowers from the leftovers to position onto the pink,disguising that they weren't complete flowers with clever          placing. The frame I cut using Nesties and placed in the centre of the card using foam pads. I then punched some tiny flowers to        match the papers. The image I coloured using Copics,cut out and    placed some acetate cut from packaging to serve as the windscreen. I then shaped the car and placed this using foam pads.I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
DDSB60,Anything goes,
PCJ11,Favourite anything,(floral paper)
Paper Play 21,Blossoms and blooms,
ABC Challenge,V is for violet,
PWC115,Birthday card,
Paper Shelter 15,Anything goes,
Claudia and Co 82,Girls birthday,
My Time to craft 142,Use die cuts,
JAI69,fussy cutting,
Card Makin Mamas,Use scraps.
That's all from me for tonight,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x





10 comments:

Choccy said...

A great card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our 3 or more flower challenge.
Choccy x

skylife said...

LOVE that! SO cheerful! Love how you made the background paper with those flowers!
Thanks for playing along with us at DDSB this week

Unknown said...

Yep I must say the same for me.. Blogger is a hit or miss.. One day its fine the next I can't post comments.. Man I would hate to have there jobs.. You know how many people they are making mad.. Nope I couldn't handle it..

I just love this card.. It has such a happy feel to it.. And that image is sooooo cute..
Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Debs M said...

i still haven't got my followers back! great card, love the clever idea cutting out the flowers! Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge’ at DDSB
Debbie Dt x
(Visit my blog, I have candy! http://ribbondreams.blogspot.com/)

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.i love your fab retro papers and colours and fantastic image :D

xx copos xx

Cards By MI said...

This is soo cool! Lovely design of your card and great colours. Thanks for joining us over at TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Nancy in Iowa said...

How very clever you are! The flower power paper is totally 'peaced out man' with the VW! All we need now is 'to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony...'

Cheryl Valadez said...

Love this! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Unknown said...

Hello Julie,
very clever use of your dp here! I love those little cheats. Thank you for sharing with us at Papercrafting Journey!
Zahreen
xxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Julie! I love the blossoms and blooms. Thank you for playing at Paper Play this week. I have magnolia candy on my blog if you can comment!!
Alicia xx