Monday 27 December 2010

Brag Book

My lovely Sister-in-law does lots of lovely things for other people so I thought it was about time someone did something nice for her for a change. I've been dying to try this idea out for ages so with a bit of time on my hands for a change I thought that this mini brag book would make a perfect little gift to give to her with a collection of photos that we've taken over the years. This idea came about the first time I discovered that this fab frame could be cut using the Cricut.

I cut out 10 scalloped frames from cream card using "Plantin School Book",2 from thicker card the same size to give strength to the front and back covers and 10 from DP's cut 1/4" smaller. I then brushed the edges with chalk eyes.

I used 8 photos which were also cut out using the same cartridge making the circles 1/4 inch bigger than the apertures and gluing them behind the frame,this is easily done by working out where the frame will sit over the photo and choosing the spot on the photo where the centre will fall. You then select the centre point button and move the blade to the spot you've selected,sounds complicated but it is so easy,in the right hand photo below I just decided that the nose would be the centre and that's where I started the blade from.


I did very little decoration to the book as the pages only measured just over 3" the photos were really all that was needed.

The front and rear cover were decorated using cuts from the same cartridge and one of my Christmas Present cartridges "Calligraphy Collection"


I'm using this book for the following challenges:-
Simon Says,Anything goes,
Paperplay 50,Anything but a card,
Papertake Weekly,Anything goes,
Sew Many Challenges 37,Anything goes,
Incy Wincy 74,Distressing,
CYDA10,Punches,Die cuts (hope Cricut counts!)
CES17,Anything goes.
I hope Father Christmas was kind to you,I've had lots of fun playing with my new Cartridge today,just got to think of something I can make using my other new cartridge.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

11 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Julie

Great work as usual.

Happy New Year and thank you for all your support in 2010.

B x

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at Sew Many Cards Challenges!

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

WOW - I love this... with being a scrapper myself I really can't wait to try this....

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a beautiful idea for your Sister in law.
she will defenetly cherish this gift.
i love the flower shape you choosed
hugs
claudia

Mina said...

wow this is fantastic Julie, a great idea to make for your sil...I bet she loved it
Mina xxx

gayle said...

Gorgeous book Julie - love the shape and the colours are beautiful. Happy New Year. x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's a gorgeous book, what a wonderful gift to treasure.

Happy New Year!

Maarit

Linda . J said...

Beautifull Brag Book Julie and love the distressing you did. Thank you for joining us over at Incy Wincy this week.

Hugs Linda

Heather "Hev" said...

Awesome :) I bet you weree popular :)

Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week .
Hope to see you again

Heather my blog Vanilla Hevn
And the DT
Happy New Year :)

Sue U said...

Simply gorgeous, hope she liked it! Lovely colours too Sue xx

Amanda said...

What a wonderful brag book!
Thanks for joining in with our “Punch it Out” challenge at Craft Your Days Away

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda