Tuesday 7 September 2010

Sorry.......

Did you think you'd call by to see a new card tonight,you'll be forgiven if you think you've seen something very similar a few days ago,my last post actually. Trouble is,don't you find sometimes that you really like a layout that you've used so you want to try it again but with a different theme? I thought when I made the Thank You card on Sunday that it could work using other punches,I tried using several different snowflake dies and punches but none of them seemed to work,I was about to give up on the idea when I remembered my lovely Cuttlebug Ice Crystal cut and emboss die,I thought it would be far too big but as it turns out,it was perfect.I added Diamond Stickles to the die cuts and I also used a snowflake embossing folder on the white squares. The "Let It Snow" I stamped using a blue distress ink,I know this probably wasn't the best choice of ink but it worked ok,it looks stronger in colour in real life,I think I'll keep a look out for a slightly larger version of this wording if I want to make it again as I think it looks almost like an after thought greeting.Maybe it would look better if I stamped it in Blue and used clear embossing powder on it.


I'm going to use this for the following challenges:-
Pollycraft Challenge 60,Christmas with no red or green,
Paper Players Challenge 14,Clean and simple,
Sweet Stampin Challenge 42,Winter wonderland,(I stamped the Sentiment)
Bah!Humbug! Challenge 34,Christmas Carol or Song, Let it snow!,
Do you Know of any other challenges I could use it for?
I've had several comments from people asking If they can use this design,I am happy for anyone to do so but would prefer you to be a follower so that I can take a look at your creations,yours might turn out far better than mine!,also I like to link any cards that I make back to where the inspiration originates from and I would hope that anyone who chooses to borrow one of my designs could do the same.
Thanks for stopping by tonight to look at my first Christmas card of the year,
Happy crafting,
Julie.x
P.S. Don't forget to check out the card challenge over at Scrapbook Sisters.

16 comments:

gayle said...

This is a beautiful card Julie. I love the look of parts of the snow flakes and the icey blues with the white are perfect. x

Ann Schach said...

Love the colors and the layout! Great texture! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Sharon said...

Lovely Christmas card.

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous.. I love those snowflakes.. Well done my friend!

karen said...

This is lovely Julie .The snowflakes work perfectly x x x x

Annie said...

Stunning - love how you have created this card. It's just fabulous. I like it better than your other version and the colour is just perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the draw.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Louise F NZ said...

this is lovely Julie, I really like how you have cut the snowflakes to fit in the squares, really cute.

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card, gorgeous layout and colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Pop's Cards said...

This is really eye catching honey i love the cool colours too hugs Pops x

Di said...

Love it Julie, very classy, the snowflakes look great and lovely cool colours. Di. xx

Unknown said...

Fabby card..love it1!!!!Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Lesley said...

Oh I love this!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Max said...

Beautiful card and perfect for the challenge at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Anonymous said...

Julie, this card is gorgeous. I am so pleased that you found just the right "thing" to make it work! The crisp cool colors work so well for a CAS design and the texture and "bling" add the perfect touch.
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Chrissie said...

What a brilliant idea to cut down the huge snowflakes to fit on the squares... they look terrific.
I may have to case this one!
Fabulous card.
Chrissie

Julie said...

fab card, really great design, love the off centre snowflakes and all the embossing is right up my street. Might have to borrow the idea ;)