Wednesday 25 August 2010

Outstanding

I thought I'd share with you a card I made yesterday for my friend's son to congratulate him on his amazing exam results. He achieved 14 A* GCSE's absolutely outstanding!


The card is made from a piece of card measuring 9"x3" and is scored twice to give 3x3"squares.The paper is June Bug by Basic Grey. The 14 small stars are punched from yellow basil and the letters were cut using Quickutz Moxi alphabet.


The star was a die cut from my stash and the A was cut using a sizzix alphabet. I used a freebie stamp for the greeting.

The boy truly is A star!!!
I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Allsorts Challenge 66, Miniature,
SS21o810 Simply Squared,
I hope you have a great day today,I've got an evening of scrapbooking tonight,I can't wait.
Thanks for stopping by today,
Julie.x


21 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

Awesome card Julie, love all the cute little stars.

Sue U said...

great card Julie, and congratulations to your friends son enjoy tonight xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Julie - thanks for your offer of helping me use my new stash but I think I'll manage!! LOL!! xx

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO fun Julie! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!

vicky said...

Love this one Julie x enjoy class tonight good to catch up on Saturday xx

gayle said...

Lovely card Julie for an outstanding result!Fantastic. x

Unknown said...

This is adorable.. Love all those stars.. You should enter it into our challenge over at City Crafter Challnge.. The Challenge is stars...

Hugs, Linda

Pop's Cards said...

Love this honey really eye catching loving all the stars x x x

Annika said...

I just love how you can achieve absolutely stunning look with minimum embellies! It's a marvelous creation - you should be just as proud as the guy who got it!!!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

cute card thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is absolutely adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

Congratulations to your very clever son ... you must be so proud! Love your card ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

scotspanda said...

fabulous card for a very clever young man!

thanks so much for taking up my miniature challenge on Allsorts this week :o)

Amanda x

Fleur said...

Hi Julie, this is fantastic A+ to you too lol
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
Hugz Fleur xXx

Mina said...

what a great card for exam results Julie...love those zingy colours and the inside is fabulous too
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

Hey I am so glad you entered my friend.. I love it! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

What a clever card Julie!! LOVE it!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairy Fun Fridays this week. Good luck! xxx

Anonymous said...

This is great! Love the colours and design!
Thanks for playing along with me this week :)
Andrea

Unknown said...

Love the clean simple lines!

Thanks for playing along with the fairies this week!

xooxox

cnelson said...

super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Sandy Ang said...

Nice little starry tri-fold card!