Wednesday 21 July 2010

Celebration!

I was asked by a friend to make a card for her mum's 70th birthday incorporating a couple of photos of the lady herself. Here's what I came up with. The lovely papers were a pad of My Minds eye Quite Contrary Summer papers that came free on a magazine the other week,rather usable they are too!,I made a string of bunting as in this post and stamped the letters on using one of the 99p ish alphabets available at Scrapbook Sisters . I can't see them on line but I'm sure if you rang them they'd be able to point you in the right direction,they're lovely like that! The flowers were from my stash.


My friend was delighted with the card I'll show you the mini album that I also made for her at a later date.
I'm using this card for the following challenges:

Caardvarks July Challenge,Birthday cards
CWC013, Inspired by Summer,
I'm now off to tackle the ironing pile,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

8 comments:

Abounding Treasures said...

What a special treasure you've created for your friend's Mum, who I'm sure was simply delighted!!

Mina said...

its little wonder she loved it Julie, its stunning and a perfect 70th birthday card...brilliant idea for the numbers and photos too
Mina xxx

Jeannie said...

Love this card!

Karen B. said...

What a perfect card for your friend's mother. The bunting is perfect, seems to tie the whole card together.

Bonita Rose said...

thks for playing along with us at CAS TASTIC! HUGS

Pop's Cards said...

Julie this is a fab idea and something to treasure forever, hugs Pops x

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the banner, and the little flowers you've added are so pretty! I'm sure she will just love it! :)

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous card!