Sunday 2 May 2010

My Mind's Eye

There are some papers that make it easy to make a card with and My Mind's Eye tend to take the hard work away for me. It isn't very often that Mr B asks me to make a card for him but today was one of those rare occasions.I was given the brief that he's 70 and he likes bird watching,not much to go on so I started shuffling the papers around my rather disorganised storage drawers (are there any organised crafters lol) and then I saw them,practically shouting at me from under a pile of mixed papers. The remains of my Quite Contrary papers by My Minds Eye.

The numbers were some that I bought at the Ali Pally a few years ago I know that some people cover them to use but I'm a bit of a cheapskate and only ever use them as templates I used a brown chalk eye around the edges which disguises any imperfections and mounted them on the card using foam pads. My card fits in with CPS Sketch Challenge 165 and also the Allsorts Challenge 50 that wanted you to use animals in the design. The birds are another stamp from the stamp set by Marij Rahder, Suzie 6.I used my Copic Ciaos to colour them and used a craft knife to make a slit in the beaks to hang my stamped greeting from. I then used foam pads to raise the image . I'm dead chuffed with this card and am thinking that I really must by some more My Minds Eye papers when I have my scrapbooking class this Wednesday at Scrapbook Sisters.
I'm Very much hoping that we've seen the last of the rain for a few days,we've certainly had enough of it today and I really want to get some gardening done tomorrow if it's nice.Fingers crossed for sunshine everyone!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie x

10 comments:

Julie Wilson said...

YOu're right. The My Minds Eye papers were scrummy and I have also used them many times. Love the birds. Must re order that set. I missed it:)

Louise F NZ said...

Awesome card Julie.... love the papers and the birds are very cute, hope Mr B was happy with it.

gayle said...

Lovely card Julie. The little birds just add that finishing touch. They are so cute. I missed that set in the shop!

Create It Simply said...

Very cool!! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card!

Love those huge letters what a statement

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous hun i love the little birdies how very sweet, hugs Pops x

Jeannie said...

Lovely card - how cute are those little birds!

Unknown said...

Your card is just too cute! I love the little birds also!

Kimmi said...

Fantastic card. I love the bold numbers and that wee bird is so sweet.

Thank you for the lovely comment on my Bluebell card!

Hugs

Kimmi x

Janet said...

This is a gorgeous card!xx