Saturday 13 February 2010

This is another card using papers left over from this week's scrapbooking class.The paper is the "Celebration Dotted stripe" the punched circles are from coordinating papers from the same range.
To make the card I first mounted the paper onto a thin piece of card a fraction smaller than my card blank,this was to reinforce the paper,making it strong enough to thread the elastic through.


I punched out the three coordinating circles and punched a hole in the centre of each.Working out the height I wanted my elastic to go I punched two small holes at either side of the card,tied a loose knot in one end ot the elastic,pushed the elastic in and out of the holes on one side then threaded the three circles onto the elastic.I then threaded the elastic in and out at the other side of the card pulling it taught and tying another loose knot on the front of the card.I positioned the circles using a small dot of glue to keep each in place.I then glued this to the card blank,added the greeting and doodled using my trusty white gel pen.
Hope you like it,
Julie x


2 comments:

gayle said...

Love this card Julie. You are getting the hang of this blogging now - well done.

Gayle x

Julie said...

Thanks Gayle,now it's your turn to join the blogging world.The crafters out there are just waiting for you!