Sunday 21 February 2010

Had a lovely day at the Scrapbook Sisters crop today, was lucky enough to pick up a few tips from Gayle on shading using my lovely Copic Pens which by the way they have now started selling in the shop. Did a lot of chatting,catching up with people that I only ever get to see at the crop,also ate TOO much carrot cake! will have to run up and down the stairs a few times tomorrow to burn off all those scrummy calories.


Only ended up making 4 cards today,Wendy who I sat next to had a lovely selection of Nestability dies which she let me have a little play with. I cut the flower out for this card using one of them,that's the great thing about the crops, sharing craft items along with skills. Thanks to my S.I.L. who came to tea this evening and spent ages searching the Internet, I too will soon have this set of dies, I can't wait, I thought it worked well with my little Gorguss girl, just added a couple of leaves cut with a sizzix die and Bobs your Uncle! I also treated myself to the" Coffee Time" stamp by Sugar Nellie,she will look fab with a flower I'm sure.They had some lovely new Sugar Nellie stamps in the shop but unfortunately I was so busy chatting that I missed out,hope they will soon be back in stock,I have my eye on a couple more. Must also say thanks to Helen for spending the evening organising my stamps for me,I didn't realise I had so many,now that they are all in the same place instead of spread around in drawers and tote bags I might remember to use some that I'd forgotten I'd got.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend,
thanks for stopping by,
Julie x

3 comments:

vicky said...

love this one Julie, beautiful xx

Anonymous said...

wow what a really pretty card xx jo xx

Peachy said...

Hi, Quickkutz Julie. I am so glad I came to visit, your work is inspiring. And yes, it is the same nestie die that I have, can't wait try it out now. Luv Sandra XXXXX