Friday 19 February 2010

Basic Grey Challenge

Another birthday coming up on the calender this time it's my daughter's best friend who's turning 18,how time flies. I thought I'd tie this in with the Basic Grey challenge seeing as how I was using their papers anyway. I believe this is coming to an end today too.


The Sketch which I followed was lovely,I followed the basic idea but instead of using a stamped image I punched out the 18 using my Sizzix Alpha Bubble dies, I cut the BEX out twice,once in red card stock and once in white,I then run a thin line of glue around the red and placed it on to the white leaving a slight shadow of the white showing.I then used the same technique with the scrolls in the top corner which I punched out using a Quickutz Revolution die,part of it anyway.I tied the ribbon around the centre segment but had problems getting the bow to lay right so I ended up taking a piece of ribbon,tying a knot in it and attaching it so the knot was where I wanted my bow to sit.I then made the bow and glued it onto the knot,much easier!I mounted the centre onto 3d pads and placed it into position.I hope that Bex likes it.

I probably won't be making any cards today,I need to sort out what stash I will be taking with me to the Scrapbook Sisters crop tomorrow,I usually take everything but the kitchen sink but for once I'd like to go organised enough to be able to make the long list of cards that are needed over the next couple of months.I'm really looking forward to, catching up with all my crafty mates over a coffee and the carrot cake that is always supplied. Hope you have a lovely Friday,

thanks for stopping by,

Julie x

2 comments:

vicky said...

Beautiful card again Julie, Im sure it will be a hit! Can't wait for tomorrow too, see you there!! xx

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hi Julie, thanks for visiting. Your cards are great. I will try and make a little tutorial for the nestie cut out thingy. I'm just as bad putting words together, lol.